2019 New Holland Agriculture BigBaler 330
Call for Price
New Holland Agriculture
- Get Done Faster. Period: With baling speeds of up to 110 bales/hour, BigBalers get you done baling more quickly—when the crop is ready. Gearbox speed is a fast 48 strokes per minute, with matching high speeds for the pickup, stuffer and plunger to deliver a 20% increase in baling capacity and a 5% increase in bale density compared to previous models. With the high-capacity MaxiSweep™ pickup, matched-width feeding, and New Holland's proven pre-compression system, it all adds up to the highest-capacity New Holland balers ever. It's easy to see why New Holland BigBalers are the number one large square balers sold worldwide for 25 years running!
- Offered In A Full Range of Bale Sizes: While the BigBaler 330 and BigBaler 340 produce bales measuring 3'x3'x8' and 3'x4'x8' respectively, the NEW BigBaler 230 produces a smaller, lighter 2'x3'x8' bale for easier handling on dairy and livestock farms. The BigBaler 230 is available in standard and packer cutter configurations.
- Ruggedness To Match Capacity: BigBalers are built to handle capacity. The huge 30.5 - 37.4 (depending on model) flywheel reduces driveline stress when baling uneven swaths. The heavier PTO driveline is durable enough to handle up to 40% more peak torque than previous models. The strong triple reduction main drive gearbox and rugged frame add to overall BigBaler durability.
- The Highest Bale Quality: It's a competitive market and New Holland BigBalers are designed to make superior, square, dense bales every time with no excuses. The industry-leading pre-compression chamber ensures perfect flake formation, and the three-way density system builds solid bales. SmartFill™ bale flake formation indicators provide real-time feedback to ensure consistent performance in any windrow or field condition.
- New Holland BigBalers earned the AE50 Outstanding Innovations Award by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, as well as the 2012 GOOD DESIGN™ award.
- Ultimate Maneuverability: The slim BigBaler hitch design saves you time and fuel on every headland turn. The sculpted body and pivoting PTO make tight turns a reality. The addition of optional AutoSteer™ tandem axles can enhance the turning of the baler, limiting crown damage and soil disturbance.
- Axle Choices: Choose the axle to match your terrain - the single axle, standard steerable AutoSteer™ tandem axle or large-wheel steerable AutoSteer™ tandem axle with 22.5-inch flotation tires for low soil pressures and higher field speed.
MaxiSweep™ Pickup Features
- MaxiSweep™ Speed and Peformance: The MaxiSweep™ pickup is designed to give you unsurpassed performance. Flare-to-flare width of the MaxiSweep pickup ranges from 77.5 inches on the BigBaler 330 standard to the industry’s largest 92.6-inches on the BigBaler 340 CropCutter™ model.
- “S"-Shaped Side Shielding: This industry-exclusive design works to maintain crop flow into the augers. Material can even enter from the sides, especially important when picking up crop material at the edge of over-width windrows. The industry secret—top-undershot and bottom-overshot augers work in conjunction with the integrated crop flares to maintain constant, fast crop flows when negotiating curved windrows or slicing through overlapping end rows. Space between the end of the crop flare and outside tines is minimal to prevent crop from being missed.
- Standard Roller Windguard: The roller windguard is a standard feature. It rides the contour of the windrow on spring suspension to compress the windrow as it enters the pickup for increased throughput and better flow in extra-heavy windrows. Another standard feature is the full-width feed assist roller. Combined with the counter-rotating augers, it maintains constant and fast crop flow in the packer or rotor – a key component of continuous and high-capacity feeding.
- Fast, Simple Adjustments: Adjusting pickup flotation is quick with no tools required. The spring-loaded suspension system maintains the pickup contact with the ground, even in rough, uneven terrain at high speeds. Spring-loaded gauge wheel adjustment means no tools required and nothing gets lost.
- Beefy Construction: Longer and thicker pickup tines are more durable and effective. Stronger 2-mm profiled pickup guards with welded tine bar supports, as well as stronger cam and cam bearings increase durability and pickup performance. Thick frame and side sheets increase rigidity—important when operating at higher speeds, driving over pivot tracks and uneven terrain.
CropCutter™ Feeding System Features
- Get The Benefits of Shorter Chop Length: Chopping crop as it’s fed into the baler provides a number of advantages. The shorter particle length allows for tighter packing of material in the bale, better fermentation in silage bales due to less air in the bale and more anaerobic bacteria activity. Cutting silage, hay or straw bales also allows for more efficient feeding and spreading of material. New Holland offers two flexible CropCutter™ feeding systems that allow you to adjust chop length to match your needs.
- Packer Cutter (BigBaler 230 and BigBaler 330 Only): The simple, effective Packer Cutter uses three packer forks and six double tines to feed the crop through a set of serrated knives and into the precompression chamber. Use one to six knives for chop lengths as short as 4.5 inches. New Holland’s staggered tine lengths/rotor lobes prevent crop pinching that’s common with systems using tines or rotor lobes of the same length. A fill-flow floor improves crop flow in high-moisture conditions.
- Rotor Cutter (BigBaler 330 and BigBaler 340 Only): For the widest range of chop lengths to match specific forage requirements, choose the Rotor Cutter system. Select from two cut length configurations—the short cut configuration delivers chop length as small as 1.5 inches, while the medium cut configuration delivers a chop length of 3.0 inches. The proven W-shaped rotor pattern divides the power requirement equally and also ensures an equal distribution of crop. The rotor now matches the width of the pre-compression chamber for straight-through, smoother crop flow, increased flake density and capacity.
- Slide-Out Knife Drawer: The industry-leading, one-piece, slide-out knife drawer on CropCutter™ Rotor Cutter balers makes knife inspection and sharpening fast and easy. Sharp knives require less power and lead to a more consistent cut length.
Precompression System Features
- Perfect Flakes. Perfect Bales: That’s the philosophy behind the
- Industry-Leading Precompression Technology: New Holland’s pre-compression chamber and stuffer system are unmatched in reliability and consistent bale formation. Crop holding fingers retain crop until desired density is achieved, then paddles at the bottom of the chamber trip to start stuffer motion. The heavy-duty cast shuttle feeder moves the heaviest crop in to the chamber. This action is fine-tuned so the stuffer speeds up as it pushes flakes into the chamber. The result is filled corners for perfect, square bales in any crop.
- Patented “C"-Shaped Cast Shuttle Design: The strong shuttle handles the high feeder speeds for more capacity. While competitive designs have welded stress points, New Holland uses a more durable, three-point pivoting design that provides a mechanical advantage for smooth operation.
- Higher Plunger Speed For Maximum Capacity: The heavy-duty plunger hammers out the dense, uniform bales you demand with 48 strokes per minute. Combined with the constant monitoring of the proven three-way density system, the resulting bales withstand extended storage (even at the bottom of stacks for safer, more stable stacks) and intensive handling.
- Density Control—even Without Electronics: New Holland pioneered the first self-contained hydraulic bale density system 25 years ago. Today, BigBalers still offer a system that gives you adaptable performance in any condition. Even if electronics fail, you can still adjust and monitor density with a convenient pressure gauge on the baler tongue – a feature not available on many competitive balers.
- 15,000 Bales Without A Miss-Tie: Reliability and accuracy come standard with New Holland’s double knot system. And, New Holland anodizes the knotters rather than painting them, ensuring your BigBaler ties flawlessly right way, without waiting for excessive/uneven paint to wear away, and ensuring that knotters won’t rust in the future and cause misties.
- The Double Tie Knotter Advantage: High density is guaranteed with no stress on the knotter. Two twine feed positions mean that the twine is not held in the knotter frame while the bale is being built. In one fluid motion, the needles deliver the twine to complete the finished bale and, on the return stroke, tie the first knot for the new bale.
- Knotter Shielding: Improvements to the air flow and shielding keep the knotters free of debris for worry-free tying. New Holland used advanced fluid dynamics to analyze air flow and eliminate “dead” spots of air that could lead to debris build up. The result is an advanced solution that will keep BigBalers tying flawlessly in the dustiest crops. Three fans are standard on BigBaler 340 models, with two fans on the BigBaler 330 and BigBaler 230.
- Immediate Tie Alert: When a bale is tied correctly, the monitor alerts the operator with an alarm and shows the symbol circled at left. In the event of a miss-tie, a single sensor alerts the operator on the monitor. BigBalers also come equipped with traditional flags on each knotter to give a visual warning. As an option, you can upgrade to individual miss-tie sensors that will identify the individual knotter that miss-tied.
- More Twine: Twine storage area now accommodates 32 twine balls so you can work longer. The boxes are now sealed between the service deck and top of the shield to eliminate twine box debris buildup.
Electronic Bale Control Features
- The IntelliView™ Advantage: New Holland IntelliView™ touchscreen color monitors are simple to use and put complete control at your fingertips. Choose between two options—the seven-inch IntelliView™ III monitor or the 10.5-inch IntelliView™ IV monitor for wide-screen viewing.
- Put Eyes In The Back of Your Head: An optional rear-mounted viewing camera allows you to view bale delivery and accumulator activity in real time on the IntelliView™ monitor. With the larger IntelliView IV monitor, you can choose full screen or split screen viewing, or you can view one as an inset picture while still monitoring baler functions. You can also add a second camera if to monitor other baler functions.
- Data Logging: The IntelliView™ monitor systems allow you to save bale weight, moisture, yield monitoring, GPS drop points and other valuable data to track jobs and field/crop performance(if equipped with New Holland Precision Land Management™ equipment).
- Cropid™ Tracking System: All data for individual bales is tracked and stored in the IntelliView™ monitor as a standard feature. The award-winning, optional CropID™ system gives you the convenience of storing all of that valuable information with the bale. The system applies a radio frequency identification (RFID) tag to each individual bale allowing you to come back at a later time with a scanner to retrieve data at for ultimate bale traceability.
- Optional On-The-Go Bale Weighing: The multi-award-winning ActiveWeigh™ on-the-go bale weight system boasts industry-leading accuracy of +/- 2%. It is integrated with the soft drop two-piece roller bale chute and measures the weight of the bale at the exact moment it balances on the rear of the roller chute prior to tipping off onto the ground.
- Electronic Bale Length: New Holland offers a bale length control option that guarantees the highest level of precision. “Smart” star wheels track the actual length of the bale and trigger the knotters at exactly the right time. You set length using the monitor (118 inches maximum with this option).
- Moisture Sensor: The BigBaler moisture sensor uses two star wheels to penetrate the bale, and passes an electric current between the two elements to determine the exact moisture of the bale. This information is displayed on the IntelliView™ monitor. This prevents operators from baling crop that isn’t ready and allows for the precise application of CropSaver™ additive.
- CropSaver™ Preservative: When you treat hay with New Holland CropSaver™ hay preservative, you can bale hay at moistures up to
Ejection and Bale Placement Features
- Widest Range of Chute Options: New Holland gives you more choices when it comes to bale placement. A single-piece roller bale chute comprised of all rollers allows the bale to glide effortlessly out of the bale chamber to the ground. The deluxe, industry-exclusive, soft-drop, two-piece roller bale chute features a tilt-table design for gentle handing of heavy bales for fewer broken strings.
- Partial Bale Eject: Every customer wants all of their own bales. New Holland’s Partial Bale-Eject™ system allows you to eject the last full, tied bale in the chamber without affecting the untied bale in front of it. Then you’re ready for transport between customers.
- Full Bale Eject For Cleanout: When changing between crops, transferring to the next customer, or at the end of the season, you can completely clean out the chamber by tripping the knotters to tie off the last partial bale, then using the Full Bale-Eject™ system to eject both the complete bale and the partial bale next to the plunger. Using the appropriate hydraulic lever engages all of the teeth to quickly clean out the chamber.
- Improve Your Efficiency with An Accumulator: New Holland accumulators allow you to accumulate bales and place them in the field together to reduce passes over the field and reduce fuel use. You control the accumulator using the IntelliView™ III or IntelliView™ IV monitor. The AC3104 and AC4104 accumulators handle haylage, straw and dry bales ranging from 4.5 to 9 feet long. Four optional automatic dump patterns allow you to arrange bales together for a package that fits your handling needs. You can eject bales in groups of 2, 3 or 4, or you can manually eject single bales.
- 3 x 4 Vertical-Stack Accumulator Option: The VS1202 field-smart accumulator allows you to drop up to a vertical three-pack of bales to eliminate telehandler stacking time and associated field damage.
- 360° Access: Convenient service is the key to maximizing your time and keeps your baler where it belongs—in the field. Side shields flip open fully and easily. The dustproof twine box allows for the storage of a maximum of 32 twine balls to keep you going during long work days. A foldable, magnetic-locking ladder provides safe access to flat service deck for easy access to the knotters.
- Exclusive One-Piece Front Shield: The BigBaler’s single-piece, two-stage front shield glides open easily on gas struts. The shield opens partially for fast access to all service points, and fully for complete access to all areas for cleaning. For added safety, the flywheel brake must be engaged in order to open the hood.
- Automatic Oiling and Greasing: For your peace of mind, standard automatic oiling and centralized greasing systems keep all chains oiled and major grease points lubricated, including the plunger bearings and knotters to reduce maintenance and increase reliability.
- Optional Comfort Pack: This option adds the convenience of a mounted 2.5-gallon water tank for hand washing, a large toolbox and a hand rail on the right side of the service deck.
- Built For Night Baling: A comprehensive lighting package turns night into day so you can bale at any hour. Two rear worklights allow you to keep an eye on bale drop or accumulator function. A standard service light on the left side illuminates the stuffer area. An optional right-side service light further illuminates the stuffer area. A portable light is standard equipment so you can shed light exactly where you need it. Optional lights include two bright LED pickup lights, two knotter lights with an adjustable needle light, twine box LED lights, and a rotary beacon for road travel.
- Width in. (mm): 31.5 (800)
- Height in. (mm): 35.4 (900)
- Maximum length in. (mm): 108 (3000)
- Minimum PTO power hp: 102
- PTO speed rpm: 1000
- Single axle: 2
- Tandem Axle: 2
- Protection: Shearbolt, overrunning clutch and slip clutch
- Flywheel weight lbs. (kg): 538 (244)
- Width-flare to flare in. (mm): 77.5 (1968)
- Width-tine to tine in. (mm): 70.2 (1782)
- Flotation: Adjustable spring
- Hydraulic pick-up lift: Standard
- Gauge wheels 15 X 6.00-6-4ply: 2
- Pick-up protection: Slip clutch
- Torque Setting ft. lbs. (Nm): 1069 (1450)
- Feeder: 2 packer forks 6 single tines
- Feeder protection: Slip clutch
- Stuffer: Fork type with 4 tines
- Stuffer protection: Shearbolt
- Pre-compression chamber, volume ft.³ (m³): 8.8 (0.25)
- Speed strokes/min: 48
- Length of stroke in. (mm): 28 (710)
- Type: Double knot type
- Number of twines: 4
- Knotter fan type: Electric
- Knotter fan number: 2
- Knotter function alert: IntelliView™ monitor and visual
- Knotter lubrication: Automatic greasing
- Twine ball capacity: 32
Bale Density System
- Proportional 3-way control: IntelliView™ monitor controlled
- Manual override: Standard
Electronic Control System
- ISO 11783 connection ready: Standard
- IntelliView™ III touch screen color monitor: Optional
- IntelliView™ IV touch screen color monitor: Optional
- Single axle: 600/55X22.5 12 PR or 700/40X22.5 16 PR
- Tandem axle with Auto-Steer™: 500/50X17 14 PR
- Large wheeled tandem axle with Auto-Steer™: 550/45XR22.5 or 620/50XR22.5 (rotor only)
- Length chute closed (single piece) in. (mm): 294.4 (7477)
- Width (single axle 600/55X22.5 12PR tires) in. (mm): 101.1 (2568)
- Width (single axle 700/40XR22.5 16 PR tires) in. (mm): 102.5 (2604)
- Width (tandem axle 500/50X17 14PR tires) in. (mm): 94.4 (2398)
- Width (large wheeled tandem axle 550/45XR22.5 tires) in. (mm): 98.1 (2492)
- Height (single axle) in. (mm): 123.3 (3133)
- Height (tandem axle) in. (mm): 123.3 (3133)
- 294.4 in. (7477 mm)
- 101.1 in. (2568 mm)
- 123.3 in. (3133 mm)
- Recommended HP
- 102 PTO hp