2018 New Holland Agriculture Discbine® Center-Pivot Mower-Con 316 (flail)
Call for Price
New Holland Agriculture
Discbine® Center-Pivot Mower-Con 316 (flail)
- Closer Cutting. Faster Drydown. Increased Durability: Center-pivot Discbines are redefining the disc mower-conditioner industry by taking mowing performance to new levels. The 13-foot Discbine 313 and 16-foot, three-inch Discbine 316 are designed with increased durability and features that lead to cleaner cutting, more efficient crop flow, and smoother, more effective conditioning.
- MowMax™ II Disc Cutterbar: This is a cutterbar designed for the higher demands of large harvesting operations. It incorporates the large discs and heavy-duty components also found on Durabine™ disc heads for New Holland Speedrower® self-propelled windrowers. The Discbine 313 and 316 make quick work of cutting hay and preparing your crop for baling or chopping, whether you're mowing alfalfa, clover, orchard grass, timothy, bermuda grass, bahia, grass, fescue, cereal rye, forage wheat or oats.
- Peace of Mind Direct From The Factory: When you buy any new Discbine® hay mower equipped with a MowMax™ or MowMax™ II disc cutterbar, you're covered with one full year of base factory warranty, plus two additional years of disc cutterbar coverage. Cut confidently. Cut with New Holland.
- Fast Drydown: You'll produce nutritious, high-value feed with your choice of three WideDry conditioning systems. Choose the gentle conditioning of rubber chevron-intermeshing rolls that save delicate leaves, steel chevron rolls for winter forage or long-stem and cane grasses, or LeaningEdge™ flail tines for fast drying of grass hay.
- Simplified Drivelines: The new MowMax II cutterbar's smart design allows driving the cutterbar from only one end, which simplifies maintenance and leaves the top of the header uncluttered. All u-joints are easily accessible for servicing, and the lube interval has been extended to 50 hours so you spend less time on maintenance.
- Swivel Hitch Options: Choose either the drawbar swivel hitch or two-point swivel hitch and get maximum turning performance with zero driveline wrap-up. PTO power is transferred from the front swivel gearbox to a second swivel gearbox at the rear of the tongue that maintains perfect alignment of the output driveshaft to the cutterbar- and conditioner-drive gearbox on the left side of the unit.
- Simple Maintenance. Easier Access: New Holland has made access to the discs and drive components easier than ever. Poly bifold upper shields are light, foldable and easy to lift, and they're more impact-resistant to dents from foreign objects. The driven-end access steel door is double layered to resist denting in that area too. Material overlap keeps curtains in place without the need for clips or magnets.
MowMax™ II Disc Cutterbar Features
- MowMax™ II Large-Disc Cutterbar: Originally featured on Durabine™ disc headers used on Speedrower® self-propelled windrowers, the rugged MowMax™ II cutterbar features larger gears, bearings, interconnecting shafts, and big 24.3-inch discs for maximum durability. All interconnecting drive shafts feature a cut spline and are heat-treated for maximum durability. A larger and heavier ShockPRO™ hub completes the drive components to protect the cutterbar driveline for maximum uptime.
- Fast and Simple In-Field Servicability: MowMax II cutterbars feature a true modular design for smooth, quiet, trouble-free mowing as well as fast and inexpensive servicing. Driven through individually sealed gearboxes with dedicated oil reservoirs, modules are never at risk for oil starvation while cutting on hillsides. In the event that your mower hits an obstruction, the exclusive New Holland ShockPRO™ hubs absorb harmful impacts, protecting the cutterbar drive from damage. Even better, they’re quick to replace in the field so you can keep cutting when the weather is right.
- 3-Year MowMax™II Disc Cutterbar Warranty: New Holland backs the MowMax™II disc cutterbar with three full years of factory warranty. That’s three full years including the base one-year base machine warranty plus two additional years on the cutterbar assembly excluding common wearing parts. See your authorized New Holland dealer for complete program details.
- The Benefits of Big Discs: A larger disc diameter allows for closer cutting with less cutterbar tilt for consistent cutting height without scalloping. You can easily adjust cutting height hydraulically from ¾ to 2 ¾ inches with standard skid shoes. The increased surface area of the larger discs and the “tapered skirt” disc profile provide a smoother transition of crop to the conditioner for more uniform conditioning and reduced power consumption. Enhanced durability is built into the design with heavy, full-coverage, cast rock guards for ample protection.
- Reduced Crop Convergence: Converging disc modules have been eliminated on the Discbine 313 and reduced to just one pair on each end of the Discbine 316. This greatly improves crop flow and improves the transition of cut crop to the conditioner, which means cleaner cutting on the ends and with more uniform conditioning.
- More Responsive Flotation: Improved header suspension geometry contributes to more responsive flotation. The innovative header linkage allows the header to move up and rearward to dissipate force should you encounter an obstacle. To provide for free flotation of the head, the flotation springs are anchored to the trail frame with a ball-joint to reduce binding as the header moves through its full flotation range. In addition, tires and rims are located to the inside of the frame, allowing for better contour following on uneven terrain.
Conditioning Rolls or LeaningEdge™ Flails Features
- Wide Swaths. Fast, Even Drying: New Holland’s WideDry™ conditioning systems are over 22% wider than the conditioning systems on previous Discbine models. This results in a thinner crop mat that feeds smoothly through the conditioning system. Uniform conditioning aids in faster drying in the field. Crop transitions more smoothly from the cutterbar to the conditioning system, reducing crop feeding issues, particularly in thick grasses, cane, and other high-volume crops.
- The Advantages of Spreading Wide and Thin: The Discbine 313 and 316 disc mowers allow you to lay down a wide swath for more sun exposure and better natural drying. Wedges are mounted on the rear swath board to help spread the crop mat. Customize your windrow and swath formation using the longer, adjustable windrow shields and a swath gate that features rubber flashing for improved crop flow and a new spring-assist adjustment lever for easy changes. University tests confirm that the more leaves are exposed to the sun, the faster crops dry and the more feed value is retained. Quick drying reduces sun bleaching and gives you an advantage when you need to beat the weather and bale or chop before the rain.
- Your Choice of Conditioning: Choose from chevron-patterned intermeshing rubber or steel rolls, or LeaningEdge™ flails to suit your conditioning needs.
- Chevron Intermeshing Rubber Rolls: Gentle chevron rubber intermeshing rolls provide full-stem crimping and cracking with a scrubbing action while handling the leaves of high-value feeds delicately, making it the ultimate solution for alfalfa and clover. This is possible because of the large 10.4-inch roll diameter, the rubber compound, the intermeshing fit and profile of the lugs. These features work together to grip the crop and generate an even flow of crop through the rolls to provide an even spread into fast drying swaths or windrows.
- Chevron Intermeshing Steel Rolls: Durable chevron steel intermeshing rolls are designed for use with all crops, but show a real advantage in cane-type crops, grain forage crops and extra-tall grass crops. The chevron pattern of the steel lugs provides aggressive full-stem crimping, smooth crop flow, and even distribution into fast drying swaths or windrows. Rugged all-steel roll construction resists wear better than rubber, providing a long life even in highly abrasive conditions.
- Torsion-Bar Roll Pressure: Year after year, New Holland’s torsion-bar roll-pressure system is proven to be the most effective design for delivering consistent, thorough conditioning. The no-tools-required hand crank makes it easy to tailor roll pressure to the crop without crawling under the machine with wrenches. The unique, over-center linkage momentarily relieves roll pressure, allowing crop slugs or foreign objects to pass without plugging for non-stop mowing.
- Conditioning Roll Speed Adjustments: Roll conditioning systems generate air movement that can blow lighter crop away from the cutterbar and adversely affect cutting quality. To help prevent this, you can slow roll speed from 750 rpm to 640 rpm by switching the sheaves on the roll drive. The decreased roll speed minimizes air bursts while maintaining cutterbar speed to provide excellent cut quality in light crop conditions.
- LeaningEdge™ Flails: For fast drying of grass hay, choose New Holland LeaningEdge flail conditioning. The 20-degree tangent of LeaningEdge flails creates more outward pressure, pushing crop against the adjustable conditioning hood for more thorough conditioning. The semi-swinging design ensures crop is released at the ideal moment to form uniform, fast-drying swaths or windrows. For lighter conditioning of delicate crops, raise the hood away from the flails. Or, for maximum conditioning, lower the hood to increase the crop friction. An optional textured hood liner offers even more aggressive conditioning of difficult crops. For more delicate handling of legumes and delicate grasses, an optional slow-speed kit is also available for the LeaningEdge flail conditioning system.
QuickMax™ Blade Change System Features
- Change Knives More Quickly: The QuickMax knife change system is available for all MowMax™ II disc cutterbars as a factory option or you can upgrade your current machine by contacting your authorized New Holland dealer.
- Saves Precious Time: Time is precious when you’re making hay, and the new QuickMax system allows you to quickly change damaged knives or flip an entire set so you’re back clean-cutting quickly. Because the QuickMax system allows you to change knives with discs at a 45-degree angle to the cutter bar, you can change blades in just one-half rotation of the cutterbar, saving you time compared to changing traditional bolted knives. Patented New Holland knife-lock technology assures knife retention in the most difficult conditions. Best of all, the system does not require the use of special blades. It works with any approved New Holland knives for your machine.
- How It Works: Patented eccentric knife nut design- A notch on the back of each blade attachment nut ensures best-in-class knife retention.
- Unique Blade-change tool- The tool pries the spring plate down to release the knife from the patented knife nut, quickly releasing each blade. Check for wear of the knife nut with the integrated gauge on the tool. Flip the existing blade or swap it out for new then stow the special tool on board your Discbine™ 313 and 316 models for quick in-field blade changes.
- Unique rock guards- Every new MowMax™ II cutterbar features specialized rock guards to accommodate the QuickMax tool. The specialized design allows you to change knives by rotating the disc just 180 degrees one time instead of the four individual disc rotations required on competitive models.
Biomass Kit Features
- Cut Higher In Energy Crops: When working in energy crops like cane, switch grass or corn stover, order the biomass kit. This kit includes extra-high skid shoes for the increased cut height and longer stubble desired in these crops. Lift lock out channels stop the cylinders mid-stroke to maintain good flotation, even when cutting well off of the ground. A separate pushbar kit is available to push tall crops forward and maintain cut quality.
Additional Option Features
- Customize Your Discbine® Performance: New Holland provides you with a choice of features and options to tailor the performance of your Discbine hay disc mower to your needs.
- Easy Switch From Swath To Windrow: All Discbine models feature fast and easy windrow shield and swath gate adjustments, without tools, so you can quickly adjust to crop and moisture conditions and your harvesting method. Spread the cut crop in a fast-drying swath or into a tight, three-foot-wide windrow that’s ready to bale or chop.
- Replacement Knives To Match Crop and Soil Conditions: All knives feature two cutting edges and can be flipped for double the cutting life. • 14-degree smooth knives are standard and provide the best choice and value for most conditions. • 14-degree serrated knives offer extended wear in abrasive conditions. • 18-degree smooth knives are more effective in down crop conditions by providing more crop lift. • 18-degree serrated knives offer an advantage in down crops as well as extended wear in abrasive conditions. • 7-degree smooth knives offer clean cutting with less ash content, and will reduce crop blow down in light or short crops. • Rock knives are designed for durability in rocky/stony conditions.
- A Wide Selection of Skid Shoes: Numerous skid shoes are available to match your cutting needs.
New Holland-Disc Cutterbar
- Type: MowMax™ II True Modular Disc Cutterbar
- Width of Cut, ft. in. (m): 16' 3'' (4.95)
- Number of discs: 10
- Number of knives: 20 (2 per disc)
- Disc Speed, rpm: 2,250
- Cutting angle: 2 to 10 degrees
- Hydraulic Cutting angle control: Standard
- Standard Cutting height skid shoe, in. (mm): Standard
- Fixed Raised, high-stubble skid shoe: Optional
- Adjustable Raised, high-stubble skid shoe: Optional
- BioMass skid shoe: Optional
- Ground clearance with header fully raised, in. (mm): 16.2" (411)
- Cutterbar Flotation: Vertical and lateral, adjustable springs
- QuickMax™ Knife Change System: Optional
- ShockPro™ Disc Drive Hub protection system: Standard
- MowMax™ 3-year cutterbar protection plan: Standard
Chevron-Design Roll Conditioner
- Chevron-Design Roll Conditioner: Optional
- Type: Choice of molded rubber or steel rolls
- Roll Length, in. (mm): 125 (3175)
- Roll Diameter, in. (mm): 10.4 (264)
- Roll Drive: 4 HB V-belt and enclosed gears
- Roll Speed, rpm: Two-Speed: 750 or 640
- Roll Pressure System: Torsion Bar
- Conditioner Intensity Adjustment: Single crank adjustable roll pressure and two stop bolts to adjust roll gap
Leaningedge™ Flail Conditioner
- LeaningEdge™ Flail Conditioner: Optional
- Number of LeaningEdge flails: 120
- Semi-Swinging LeaningEdge flail design: Standard
- Rotor Diameter, in. (mm): 22 (560)
- Standard Speed, rpm: 1042
- Optional Slow Speed, rpm: 752
- Drive: 4 HB V-belt
- Conditioner Intensity Adjustment: Single crank adjustable rotor hood
- Optional Textured Hood Liner Kit: Optional
- Drawbar Swivel Hitch: Optional
- 2-pt Swivel Hitch: Optional
- Height, Transport, ft. in. (m): 7' 5" (2.26)
- Height, Operating, ft. in. (m): 6' 7" (2.01)
- Width, Transport, ft. in. (m): 16' 7" (5.05)
- Width, Operating 2-pt Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 25' 7" (7.8)
- Width, Operating Drawbar Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 19' 7'' (6.0)
- Length, Transport, 2-pt Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 32' 0'' (9.7)
- Length, Transport, Drawbar Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 31' 0'' (9.4)
- Length, Operating, 2-pt Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 26' 7'' (8.1)
- Length, Operating Drawbar Swivel Hitch, ft. in. (m): 25' 7'' (7.8)
- Weight, Operating lbs. (kg): 6,700 (3039)
- Drive: 1000 rpm PTO, enclosed gears and four HB belt
- Drive Protection: Slip clutch and over-running clutch
- Hydraulic swing: Standard (double-acting cylinder)
- Operating Position: Center-Pivot, Right or Left Side
- Hydraulic lift: Standard (operated by two single-acting cylinders; master/slave)
- Hydraulic tilt: Standard (operated by single-acting cylinder and incorporated into the lift system)
- Swath, ft. (mm): 10 (3000)
- Windrow, ft. (mm): Adjustable from 3 to 8 (914 to 2400)
- Operating, mph (kph): 0 to 9 (0 to 14.5)
- Transport, mph (kph): 20 (32)
- Tractor Requirement: 100 PTO hp (75 kW) or greater with standard ASAE Category III drawbar.
- Hydraulic valves: All models require two remote hydraulic valves capable of 1500 psi (10343 kPa), 7-pin SAE J560 connector for transport lights
Tubeless Ag Rib Implement Tires
- Size: 12.5L x 15 8PR
- Working Width
- 16 ft. 3 in. (4.95 m)
- 16 ft. 7 in. (5.05 m)
- 6,700 lb. (3039 kg)
- Recommended HP
- 100 PTO hp (75 kW) or greater with standard ASAE Category III drawbar.