2016 New Holland Agriculture BOOMER 46D
Call for Price
CLEAN-RUNNING TIER 4B ENGINES
These new Boomer tractors are powered by new three cylinder engines that feature a common-rail, direct-fuel injection system for maximum fuel efficiency. The engines also meet tough Tier 4B emissions standards, so they go easy on the environment, reducing greenhouse gas and hydrocarbon pollution for better stewardship of the land.
The New Holland emissions treatment system uses a combination of internal exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) to control nitrogen oxides (NOx) and a particulate matter (PM) catalyst. The PM Catalyst system has two unique sections — a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) that turns nitrous oxide (NO) into nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and a soot collection and combustion chamber that captures the remaining soot. Unlike other tractors that require extra fluids, or that use a diesel particulate filter (DPF) that must be “regenerated,” the New Holland system is completely automatic, with no need to stop working while the tractor regenerates.
MORE TORQUE FOR INCREASED PERFORMANCE
The 46-horsepower engine in the Boomer 46D produces 118 ft-lbs of torque, while the 54-horsepower Boomer 54D engine features 133 ft-lbs of torque. What that means for you is that you’ll have no worries when you mow in tall grass with a rotary cutter, or dig into a packed pile of material with a front loader.
UPGRADE TO THE SUITE
The factory-installed SuperSuite™ cab is, by far, the most spacious and comfortable compact tractor cab on the market. Two large doors open to wide entry thresholds for easy entry and exit. You’ll appreciate the comfort of heat and air conditioning, the Accommodator™ seat and the steering wheel that tilts and telescopes. You get generous hip room, legroom and head room, yet the low-profile design fits under 8-foot doors and openings. Your view is excellent, and the standard high-visibility roof panel even allows you to see through the roof—great when working with a loader.
The Boomer EasyDrive™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is the best in the business because it’s easy to adapt to your operating conditions. It drives just like a car using a single “go” pedal. And you easily shuttle from forward to reverse using the convenient lever to the left of the steering wheel. An automotive-style cruise control allows you to hold, fine-tune, or resume working speeds. A response setting allows operators to adjust the acceleration and deceleration characteristics of the tractor to suit their driving style or application.
- Clean-running Tier 4B Engines: These new Boomer tractors are powered by new three-cylinder engines that feature a common-rail, direct-fuel-injection system for maximum fuel efficiency. The engines also meet tough Tier 4B emissions standards, so they reduce greenhouse gas and hydrocarbon pollution for better stewardship of the land.
- More Torque for Increased Performance: The 46-horsepower engine in the Boomer 46D produces 118 ft-lbs of torque, while the 54-horsepower Boomer 54D engine features 133 ft-lbs of torque, for smooth performance in extreme conditions. Thanks to torque efficiency, you can also operate at lower engine speeds for better fuel efficiency.
- Automatic System: The New Holland emissions treatment system uses a combination of internal Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) to control Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) and a Particulate Matter (PM) catalyst. The PM Catalyst system has two unique sections—a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) that turns Nitrous Oxide (NO) into Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) and a soot collection and combustion chamber that eliminates the remaining soot. Unlike other tractors that require extra fluids, operator input or that require you to stop operations, the New Holland system is completely automatic.
- Fill Up Less Often: You can operate for longer periods in between fill-ups thanks to one of the industry’s largest-capacity fuel tanks. Tanks are located at the rear of the tractor, and also have wide fill necks for easy refueling.
- EasyDrive™: the Name Says It All: The EasyDrive Series II continuously variable transmission (CVT) is designed to provide smooth, seamless speed changes through varying condition. EasyDrive controls are unique, featuring a single pedal to control both travel speed and engine speed and match load conditions. Change directions using a convenient shuttle like those found on larger tractors. The level is mounted on the left side under the steering wheel for easy operation.
- Additional EasyDrive Advantages: The EasyDrive CVT gets the job done efficiently, so whatever you’re doing feels less like work and more like fun. This innovative transmission offers an automotive-style cruise control, allowing you to hold, fine-tune, or resume working speeds. A response setting allows operators to adjust the acceleration and deceleration characteristics of the tractor to suit their driving style or application. In slippery conditions, just engage four-wheel drive electronically with the flip of a switch. With a speed range up to 18.6 mph, you are sure to get all the chores done fast.
- You’ve Been Upgraded to the Suite: For the most comfortable environment available in a compact tractor, look no further than to the SuperSuite™ cab, available on the Boomer 46D and Boomer 54D. Because of standard heat and air conditioning, you can work in all-day comfort, protected from weather, insects, dust, and noise. For easy storage, the cab clears a standard 8-foot garage opening.
- Spaciousness Comes Standard: Whether you choose the ROPS platform or the SuperSuite cab, you’ll find the legroom, hip room, and headroom to be generous. In fact, the SuperSuite cab is the largest in its class, with 60 cubic feet of interior space surrounding you. Two large doors with grab rails open on gas struts to wide 16.5-inch entry thresholds for easy entrance and exit on either side. To maximize your comfort and visibility, the premium seat glides on an inclined track to place you at the right spot. It also features three inches of vertical suspension and swivels 20 degrees to the right, making it easy to view your work or the implement behind you.
- Visibility Comes First: You will instantly see the difference 46.9 square feet of glass makes. It adds up to 360° visibility that cannot be matched in any other compact tractor cab. The sloped hood gives you excellent forward visibility from the tractor. That’s because the muffler is under the hood and not in your line of sight like competitive tractors. Add the sloped-arm New Holland 250TLA loader and you get a clear line of sight to the bucket edges.
- High-visibility Roof Panel: A standard high-visibility roof panel allows you to see the loader through its full range of operation for sage, efficient and fatigue-free operation.
- Model: FPT model R753IE4
- Gross horsepower hp (kW): 45.1 (33.6)
- Rated speed rpm: 2600
- No. Cylinders / Aspiration: 3 / turbo
- Displacement cu. in. (L): 136 (2.2)
- Fuel tank gal. (L): 13 (49.2)
- Alternator amps: 75
- Transmission type: EasyDrive™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Maximum forward speed mph (kph): 18.6 (29.9)
- PTO HP @ rated speed: 36 @ 2400 rpm
- Type: Independent Electro-hydraulic Engagement
- Standard Rear rpm: 540
- Optional Mid rpm: 2000
- Implement pump flow GPM (L/min): 10.5 (39.7)
- Steering pump flow: 5.4 (20.5)
- Hitch type: Category I
- Lift capacity @ 24” behind link ends lbs. (kg): 2,800 (1270)
- Four Wheel Drive (FWD): Standard
- Wheelbase in. (mm): 73.5 (1867)
- Overall length with 3-point hitch horizontal in. (mm): 122 (3099)
- Minimum overall width @ rear axle in. (mm): 68.3 (1735)
- Height to top of cab in. (mm): 97.4 (2473)
- Ground clearance in. (mm): 12.3 (313)
- Approximate ship weight lbs. (kg): 4,190 (1900)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- 45.1 hp (33.6 kW)
- PTO HP
- 36.0 hp
- Rated RPM
- 2600 rpm
- 73.5 in. (1867 mm)
- 97.4 in. (2473 mm)
- 68.3 in. (1735 mm)
- 4,190 lb. (1900 kg)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.3 in. (313 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 13 gal. (49.2 L)
- EasyDrive™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Implement Pump Flow: 10.5 gpm (39.7 Lpm)
- Drive Type